When you have a WordPress website or a WordPress blog, email marketing is one of the best ways to gather and animate your community. If you look at the digital industry scene, you’ll see that marketers, influencers and bloggers work hard to build a list of email contacts for their newsletter. There are two main reasons for this:
- Sending relevant information on a regular basis (updates, news, offers, tips, etc.), they communicate and build a relationship with their contacts, who might otherwise never have come back to their website.
- Email marketing allows them to build an audience of loyal readers without relying on external platforms such as search engines or social networks.
There is no doubt that creating and sending a quality newsletter has many benefits. They not only allow you to establish a direct connection with your contacts, but, when used properly, a newsletter can also increase your conversion rate and the engagement of your audience. The key is knowing how to create and send your newsletter with your WordPress website.
In this article, we explain more in details what tools you can use to create a newsletter with WordPress, and finally we’ve gathered some tips and best practices to get the results you want.
Creating a newsletter with WordPress does not require advanced programming skills, you just need to use the right tools. Here are two ways to create and send email campaigns to contacts from your WordPress site:
- Using Mailify’s WordPress Connector
- Using the Jackmail Plugin on your WordPress website
Use the WordPress plugin for Mailify
Why should you use Mailify’s WordPress connector?
This connector allows you to collect email addresses from a blog or WordPress site. The data of your WordPress website are synchronized in real time in your Mailify account. You can thus complete your contact lists with data from your website or from your blog in order to better target your campaigns and to increase customer loyalty.
5 steps to connect WordPress to your Mailify account
- Download the WordPress connector for Mailify and install it on your website.
- Connect to the Mailify application or create an account for free.
- Go to the settings of your Mailify account.
- Check the option «WordPress Connector».
- Click on the settings button, and add your sites by copying the information from the plugin installed on your website.
Why should you use Jackmail?
Created by Mailify, Jackmail is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create and send newsletters to your contacts directly from your WordPress website thanks to an intuitive interface. This way, you can gather your data in a single tool. Jackmail also allows interconnection with many other WordPress plugins (Ninja Forms, WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms, etc).
4 steps to install the Jackmail plugin on your WordPress website
- In the administration board of your WordPress site, go to the «Plugins» section then click on «Add».
- Search for «Jackmail»
- Click on the button to install and activate the plugin
- A new Jackmail menu will appear in your admin board. Clicking on this new menu section will open the Jackmail settings, where you can create and manage your email campaigns.
How can you make your newsletter stand out in your contacts’ inboxes? This is a question that every email marketing specialist faces, and here is an overview of some basic tips to ensure you get good results.
Define your target
Ask yourself who your target audience is and what their needs are. If you don’t know it yet, consider creating a questionnaire-type form to find out and to get to know your audience better.
Do you simply want more traffic to your website? Do you want to convert your readers into customers? Do you send a newsletter to boost your seasonal sales? Once your goals are set, you can decide what type of content to create and send.
Find the right sending frequency
Sending your newsletters too often can be considered annoying or intrusive by your contacts. Inform your contacts from the beginning about the frequency of your email campaigns (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) and give them the choice to change it by setting up a preference center.
Offer an overview of your best content
No need to start from scratch to find the content of your newsletter. List the most useful and popular content on your WordPress website or blog and share it through your email marketing campaigns. Consider creating a communication calendar to plan in advance what content you’ll share with your contacts.
Nowadays, a majority of consumers check their emails on their mobile phones. Your newsletter has to be compatible with all screen sizes and resolutions. Smartphone, tablet, computer, don’t forget any reading support. Please note that templates created with both Sarbacaneand Jackmail EmailBuilder are automatically responsive.
The subject line is the first element of your message that your recipients will see. With the preheader, it is an essential part of your newsletter that will be seen and read before your contacts even open your message. Its impact on the opening rate is huge. Be careful with the wording and keep it short and concise.
Conisder to personalize your email subject also with the first or last name of your contacts.
If it matches the tone/style of your messages, you can even consider using emojis in the subject line of your email campaigns.
Make sure that your emails include Calls-to-Action to get your readers to do a specific action: contact you, take a look at an offer, ask for a quote, buy a product or service, share information, read an article, etc…
Keep in mind that the key elements for a successful newsletter are the following:
- Appropriate targeting
- A responsive and personalized newsletter
- A consistent timing and frequency
- Constant monitoring of KPIs to optimize results
Need tips on how to create your newsletters with WordPress? We invite you to discuss it with our teams without further delay. To contact us, please click here.