In order to celebrate the World Cup 2018 with our dignities intact, Mailify decided to create an original infographic: EMAIL MARKETING VS SMS THE MATCH! Discover the results quickly, and feel free to share it all over the internet!
After a very intense and bitter confrontation by these two giants of digital marketing, each team managed to have their own voice heard. The result is a tie, and reveals the complementary nature of these two players. Aside from a historic rivalry, both teams show that they are capable players across many playing fields.
The EMAIL MARKETING team is historically known for its uncanny profitability. When it comes to the performance/cost, and has proven itself to be the top channel in direct marketing. An undeniable leader, the email has also shown great skill when it comes to mediation and interactivity. With a very honorable performance, this iconic team shows the following statistics:
- 96% of internet users check their email inbox at least once a day
- On average, 1 USD spent on email marketing will bring back 38 USD
- Email is 40x more powerful than Facebook and Twitter combined
- 65% of internet users manage their private purchases and sales via email
- In 2015, the average opening rate of the whole world was 21%
If you’d like to know how to create SMS campaigns with Mailify Sunrise, check out our tutorial!
Leading the game, the sheer passion of the SMS MARKETING team has made its own arguments of deliverability be heard. An undeniable strength – widely envied, but never matched. This ability has allowed SMS to grow and rise to the ranks of the top channels of direct marketing over the passing seasons. Speed, strength, and impact also characterize its game style – using highly targeted attacks to make their play.
- In 2017, over 1.2 billion SMS were sent from apps to people
- 80% of internet users are interested in receiving SMS from their favorite brands
- Reading rate of SMS stands between 92% and 95%
- 90% of SMS are read within 10 minutes of being received
- In 2020, over 5 billion people will have mobile phones
Notice that some mistakes in the game will bring forth yellow and red cards. The buying of unqualified email addresses and the sending out of low-cost SMS will result in heavy penalties. Quality coaching from qualified trainers could have avoided the whole fiasco!
If you’re ready to win the World Cup of productivity, find out more about how much you can do with email marketing with Mailify Sunrise.